Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review - Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey

Ever wanted to visit Alaska but can't afford it? Do you enjoy the thought of adventure but not actually doing the adventures yourself? Do you admire brave people but are pretty sure if a situation requires bravery, you're not a qualified candidate? Do you like clean suspense novels without bad language and cynical law enforcement officers?




If you answered yes to any of these questions, you'll probably like Dani Pettrey's Alaskan Courage Series. Set in beautiful Alaska, the series chronicles the adventures of five adult siblings who run an outdoor adventure outfitting business. Each story is a stand alone and makes sense by itself, but they definitely build on each other.

Sabotaged, the last book in the series was recently released by Bethany Publishing House. The story follows Reef McKenna's attempt to help a childhood acquaintance solve an important mystery during an Iditarod sled dog race. Reef and Kirra's story actually starts in the previous book.

I enjoyed the sibling's closeness and their willingness to help each other. They are servant hearted, other-centered, and willing to put aside their own needs and concerns to help others. They are integral parts of their community.  

The main characters from previous books still appear in later ones. Readers can catch a few more glimpses into their stories. I loved the book's cover and the author's fun website. (Danipettrey.com)

Suspense is not my favorite genre, but I chose to give the first book, Submerged, a try because it was set in Alaska, somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

I feel like I've been to Alaska now. I've gone rock climbing with Kayden, skied with Landon and Piper, enjoyed a cruise with Darcy, went snowmobiling with Jake, diving with Cole, and tagged along on a couple Search and Rescue expeditions, all without leaving my house.

If you can afford a trip to Alaska, by all means go. But if like me, you're stuck in the lower 48 for the foreseeable future, Dani Pettrey's books are a much cheaper alternative.

I enjoyed these books immensely and hate to see the series end. I hope the author will find a few more excuses to write about the McKenna family. I was given this book by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. 


Dani Pettrey

The other books in the series are
1.  Submerged
2.  Shattered
3.  Stranded
4.  Silenced

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Sounds like a good series. Thank you for sharing.
    Did you do the Book Across the Bay? It was so cold. I thought of you. We stayed home this year. Hope to do it again next year. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really astounding one! http://awriter.org/essaytigerscom
    I was delighted to read this, very much useful. Many thanks http://awriter.org/essaytigerscom

    ReplyDelete