Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Card Blues

Problem: So-so family picture this year. We were only all together at Easter and it's hard to get a good picture that time of year with our winter white faces and not-yet-thawed scenery.


People mostly looked okay but the pose shows no creativity, Lani's bleached out, and I appear to be either asleep while standing up or in pain. 


Problem Solved: Yay! Shutterfly to the rescue. Forget pasty white Easter pictures. Say Hello to a collage from tanner times. It doesn't matter if we can't get together for a suitable family photo or if I'm not smart enough to figure out how to photoshop absent family members into a picture.

These are so much better.

Maybe this 4 x 8 Photo card
Or this one


or a 5 x 5 square flat stationery card


or these 5 x 7 Flat Stationery Cards




With over 900 flat or folded cards to choose from, I'm not sure how I'll ever decide. Shutterfly also sells photo cards for all occasions year round. Click here to view their other greeting cards.We used this card last year for Valentines Day.



If I can rip myself away from picking out cards, Shutterfly has many other cool items for me to spend my husband's hard-earned money on. My personal favorites are their photo books. I've shared some of our albums before like the one I made for my son's wedding. Shutterfly's quality is hard to beat and if I keep an eye out for their sales, I can usually get a good deal.

Shutterfly also has an amazing assortment of photo gifts. Click here to see their line-up of everything from magnets, mouse pads, photo mugs, address labels, to photo wall decals.

* * * * * * * * * *


I need to be upfront and confess that Shutterfly is giving me 25 free cards in exchange for my review, which is easy to do. I love Shutterfly products so it's no hardship to say nice things about them. But I promise I wouldn't say nice things if I didn't mean them.

If you haven't picked out your Christmas cards yet, go to Shutterfly.com and check them out.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Angie! Can you believe it? Christmas is so close!!!

    Your family looks lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great collages! I love them all! This year I think I'm going to try the photo cards. I've had way too much fun experimenting with photography this year to keep my family's pictures locked up on my computer. I hope you're doing great this fall...I miss your area at this time of year. The most jaw dropping color I've ever seen was near the border of WI and the UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Spend my husband's hard earned money" I LOVE it! Shutterfly has some amazing photo choices. I also am loving Picnik! I heard about that here on your blog, and went to give it a try. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look lovely. The hardest part about Shutterfly Christmas photos is choosing the one you want! Nicely done.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angie!
    I just wanted to let you know you won the blog design giveaway from Lady Jane Designs and Too Much Time on My Hands!. E-mail me with your info so I can get it to Sara!
    Kimtoomuchtime@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete