Friday, January 11, 2013

Favorite Pictures of 2012


(almost everyone is wearing a pair of my reading glasses)
 
"Raising children is like making biscuits:  it is as easy to raise a big batch 
as one, while you have your hands in the dough." --E.W. Howe--

 I stole the quote from my friend Lori.

For your viewing pleasure,
My favorite family pictures from 2012




Muddy Buddies
(Amy and Anna)



Andrew and Rachel camped in the South Dakota Badlands




My DIL Rachel graduated from UW-LaCrosse in May
(photo by Cindy Schwerdtfeger)




  My Handsome Hubby
(photo by Brook Peckham)




First time my family has all been together in 22 years
(I'm the oldest - sister on far left is two years younger, 
sister in purple is four years younger,
and my brother is five years younger.  



Christina learning to shoot
(photo by Robin Stitzing)




Lani and Amy with two friends
(Little Girl's Beach near Ironwood, MI
photo by Lori Poppinga) 




Christina was Maid-of-Honor in this wedding
(I have a thing for hay bales)
photo by the wedding photographer




Wedding Photo Booth
(photo by Sarah Illick)





Enjoying my new purple reading glasses




Anna, Rachel, and Kiah




Lani's Birthday at Amnicon State Park



Our October Birthdays
Amy and Rachel




Lani, Anna's, and my reflection
(Korean War Memorial in Washington DC)




Amy, Lani, and Anna
(FDR Memorial in Washington DC)


 
Lani and Erica
(These two get along well, as opposed to 
other sister combinations who don't get along so well) 



Business as usual


“Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much.”
--Lisa Wingate--

I'm linking up with Lori whom I stole the quote from

Photobucket/>

 

7 comments:

  1. I sure smiled an awful lot looking a those photos. Thanks for making my mouth hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great epics. How fun to gather the favorites in one spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures - looks like you all had a fun year! The last quote is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Your family looks so happy and fun! Real joy...

    :) Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these - how much fun your family has and the camera manages two capture! Looks like 2012 was wonderful and 2013 promises to be amazing (with a little one on the way!) :)

    ReplyDelete