Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beach Bums

We had a week of great weather, spending much of it in Lake Superior.

My nephew pointed out that he's yet to see me actually swim in Lake Superior. Well! ...you see...the water is...COLD and my body is not what it used to be so I really don't want to wear a swimsuit in public. But I sure enjoy watching my kids play.

Here are a few photos from a beach outing with friends last week.

My friend's grandson learns the hard way
why it's not a good idea to splash Christina.

Lani goofing around with a good friend.

Everything is funner with friends.
Mine are from left to right, #2, 4, 6, and 7.

The boys didn't do so well when
instructed to take a goofy picture.

Sun, sand, snacks, and sunburns. Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. LOL I love to swim too but NOT in freezing cold water :) I love this, you guys are always having so much fun, such a close knit family! What a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Superior is COLD! I remember swimming in it when I was a kid. Once my father drove us to Whitefish Pointe (at the tip of the UP) on the hottest day of the year. Those pictures make me nostalgic. Sorry you missed my Appalachian Trail experience, it was amazing! Check out my post Seventeen Black Bears if you're still interested. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lake is always cold. We have only been there a couple times...bbrrrr. You wouldn't catch me in there. I am more of a hot tub kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I think I would skip the late for all your same reasons!!

    ReplyDelete