Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Much Fun- Monday Mugs

So last February I took my four youngest daughters and five friends sledding near Bayfield, which is 20 miles north of here. Our friend said it was by Fish Hatchery Rd which wasn't far. 

The gas gauge on our big red gas-guzzling 14 mpg van was low but I figured there was enough gas to get there and back. Halfway there I reconsidered, thinking it was better to be safe than sorry. Oh, I am so, so glad that I stopped to put gas in the van.

At Fish Hatchery Rd, our friend said to turn left and then we kept going and going and going. Mind you, I'm a big chicken to drive on icy, snow packed roads. I had left the highway and was on less than desirable country roads. When she had me turn again on a snowy, slippery gravel road I bit my tongue to keep from grumping at my navigator. 

Finally we turned on to the highway again, drove a little more and then stopped on the side of a pretty decent sledding hill. Bless our friend's heart. We live on a peninsula and instead of going around the safe well-maintained snow-plowed highway perimeter she had directed me overland, not knowing that wimpy me would never consider driving those snowpacked roads in winter.

Since the damage was done and we'd survived, we stayed for the afternoon and the kids had a great time playing in the snow.

Lani and Erica

Making a snow angel

Making a jump (i.e. making me nervous)

Lani

Anna

Not my daughter, but I really like the picture

What a ham!

Amy

Crash landing

Bright eyes and Rosy cheeks




 I love watching my girls have fun. It's great for them to get fresh air and exercise and it helps to make winter not so long. 

We went home a different way. 
No more winter overland trips for me. 

Check out Oswald Cuties for more Monday Mugs

6 comments:

  1. That IS snow much fun! And really great pics!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that! Not traveling on icy roads but playing in all that snow! It looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica just said I wouldn't know what to do with all the snow up there...I believe her now!!!
    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family event :-) Your action shots are wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete