Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm So Sorry

Dear Mothers of My Youngest Daughter's Friends,

I know that when you bring your daughters to our house on Monday afternoons for a Spanish class taught by my oldest daughter Christina you have every right to expect that when you pick them up they should look more or less like they did when you dropped them off.

How was I to know that after class was done, when Erica asked if the girls would like to fingerpaint that trouble was sure to follow?


I'm sorry for not supervising, but when a 19-year-old offers to do something with the younger girls you sort of assume things are under control.

When I did finally check on them outside painting in the driveway, I hope you'll see what I saw. That they were exceedingly cute and having a rip-roaring time. 


I hope you're able to see Art and not mess.



You may rightfully ask yourself what this has to do with learning Spanish. Perhaps they learned the names of the colors they so joyfully applied to each other. Amarillo, Naranja, Azul, Verde?





Please know this child insisted that it was okay to decorate her pants and said that her Mom wouldn't mind. She truly seemed happy with the finished product.




If it makes you feel any better they probably used $10 worth of paints and it's anybody's guess when Erica will get around to putting the paint back up.


I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and that this has not damaged our friendship. If you allow your daughters to return next Monday, I promise to keep a better eye on things. 



Sincerely,
A Negligent Mother

10 comments:

  1. ROFLOL! Why does this not surprise me at all!?! Looks like they had a great time and I'm sure that all of the children will have been instructed to study Spanish in, how shall I say it, a less creative fashion! So next Monday will be a piece of cake (wish I knew how to say that in Spanish!)
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Now I know why you haven't posted in a while...you've been cleaning up paint! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord girl, I nearly died laughing reading this!!! I would LOVE to learn Spanish at your house!!! I truly need to learn the language, but at the same time, the lessons at your place look so darn tantalizing!

    Thanks for the laugh...your family is so blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE this! I totally would do something like that - and your girl just rocks. Look at how much fun they were having!

    And by the way... I'm onto you. Can't quite say you're a negligent mom when you were out there documenting the scene for posterity :) hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like loads of fun!!!
    Also, thanks for commenting! Actually, I love Christian Fiction. My favs right now are The Sin Eater by Francine Rivers and Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. Have you read either of those?

    in HIM-
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel,
    Lani took most of the pictures. I didn't catch on until summoned to take a group photo. My initial response was dismay, but I then resorted to the old philosophy of "Don't get mad, take a picture."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that philosophy!! :-) How funny. I think I would have flipped--not so much into the messy. But, look at how much fun they had and they were truly having a hands-on art experience!! It's more than they get in school sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not negligent at all! I bet your house is the best place to hang out :-)

    Looks like a blast...

    ReplyDelete