Monday, June 20, 2011

The Best Dad in the World

Lesson learned. Next time we go on vacation I should mention beforehand that I will be out of the "office" for a week and won't be posting. Good intentions of posting while on vacation didn't happen, besides which  Keith's Mom doesn't have internet access. Had a good visit with Keith's family and now we're back home enduring enjoying a Northern Wisconsin cold spell summer.


This week's Monday Mug's theme is "Let's Hear it for the Boys."  As you know, boys are scarce in our family, but we do have the world's best father. Kim at Pair Slices is hosting Monday Mugs this week.

In honor of Father's Day I have a picture of each of our children with their Dad. The kids call him Dad, Pops, Poppy, and Pops-a-lot. I'm so thankful my kids are blessed to have a good Daddy.

 Christina
 (25th Birthday)
 Andrew
(His wedding)
 
 Kiah
(Her High School Graduation)
 Erica
(Her baptism)
 Anna
(2009 - Mother's Day hike)
 Amy
(Making Gingerbread Houses)
 Lani
(Denver Bronco Fans)

Some Favorite Pictures
1995
2005 - Pikes Peak, Colorado
2011

"Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; 
now I have six children and no theories."
--John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester--

8 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures! I still love the picture of Keith baptizing Erica. What a moment to treasure! Although, they're all moments to treasure. I need to remember that more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Father's day post with all the great photos! My dad in northern Wisconsin is happy that the weather has "cooled" a bit...whew! what a difference from our temps here, today in Georgia - it's about 101 degrees!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    ...unexpectedly, I dont have to be in at work today...so catching up on some blog reading :o) Please do stop by if you have time, and if you do, please leave a comment so that I know you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie!!! Trying to catch up too... What a lovely Father's Day post ~ Such great memories of the kids with their Dad :-)

    Our weather here in CA just decided to act like summer and were are in the high 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your visit! :o)
    I dont know what is up with blogger or with me...I am off today too, so was getting my next post together, I can select the photos I want to use, but then they are not uploading onto my post. Have you had this problem before? I have seen that there are limits to how many photos are free, but I don't think that I have gone beyond my limit?

    anywhoo...at least I can do my return thank you comment :o)

    Have a wonderful, blessed day!
    Blesssings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean by trying to post on vacation. I always have good intentions but "good times" seem to get in the way.

    Great pics with "the daddy"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post! Glad you had a fun vacation. Good to have you back...I enjoy reading your posts. They always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie! Thank you for stopping by this week. I've been absent while on vacation in Michigan. We were able to go farther up north to enjoy the cool air. I think it's all about perspective. I used to be dismayed about it when I lived in the Upper Peninsula, but now that I'm sweating and suffering in NC, the shores of Lake Michigan felt like heaven. If you ever feel like getting away, you're always welcome here.
    Also, I love the pictures of your family with their Dad. I have a small family because my grandma had 15 children and died of cervical cancer when the youngest was two. I have always been afraid to try for more kids because of her tragic life. But your pictures of family togetherness are so beautiful, and your writing is so real and full of faith that I am humbled by it. It makes me think differently about having many children... siblings strengthen one another. A family is brought closer to God through their shared experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie--
    Sweet post! I am trying one more time to post on your blog. For some reason google won't let me post on in text blogs. I've tried so many times on yours in the past several weeks and do not know what the problem is. We'll see where this goes.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete