Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm Still Here


"Mom, your blog is out of date!" (Yes, I know. I've been busy)

"Mom, you haven't posted for awhile." (Guilty as charged)

"Mom, our ages aren't right."  (Do you really think people keep track of your ages? But if it makes you feel better, I'll fix it.)

"You're going to lose your followers." (I hope not. Good followers are hard to find. Do friends stop being friends just because you haven't talked in awhile?)

Every day I plan to write a post and before I know it the day has evaporated.

Tonight I laid in bed for two hours, tossing and turning, completely unable to fall asleep. So here I am in the middle of the night, blogging, of all things. So much has come at me our way the last few weeks that I don't have any profound or witty things to say. I'll share a little bit of the hamster wheel I've been on.

*Keith's Mom had surgery to remove a skin cancer spot on her leg.

* My parent's were both hospitalized for pneumonia. They're home now and doing better but this is the first time my Dad has been in the hospital in a long time. We don't live near Keith's Mom or my parents so we're not doing any of the after hospital care, but there's phone calls to be made and worrying to be done. Even though worrying is wrong I have a hard time not doing it.

*Our adopted college student returned. We're happy to have our Canadian back in town.

*I went canoeing on the Brule River with our Youth Group. Lots and lots of fun.

You can't see me because I'm taking the picture

*Christina and Kiah started nursing school. We thought they were going to kill each other the first two days and hoped it wouldn't be a long year. But they both calmed down and things are going much better. It's a hard program and we suspect they were taking out their nervousness on each other.

*Erica started her second year of college in her Occupational Therapy program. I'm thankful for a good affordable local technical college since we have a platoon of girls who will need to go.

*Anna broke my heart by leaving for a semester. Seriously, who goes to boarding school anymore? Do you know anyone who goes to boarding school besides the girls on The Parent Trap? Three weeks down, eleven more to go. I'll write more about this in a future post.

*With all the other girls doing their own school thing, Amy, Lani, and I have started another year of homeschooling. Three days down, 150 something more to go. So far, so good. Sure would make things easier if I could find the geography book. The older kids all liked geography so I'm pretty sure no one lost it on purpose.  Sigh! I am so not organized.

*I was foolishly deceived by all those wonderful do-it-yourself blogs that take yucky looking furniture and transform it into something seriously awesome. A month ago I started painting Amy and Lani's bunk beds. My beds did not turn out as well as the blog projects. My family is ready to commit me as I still don't have them done. Keith warned that he wants his side of the garage back.

We're going camping Sunday night. Since Keith is a pastor, camping on the weekends doesn't work for him. But come Sunday afternoon, we're out of here and headed to Big Bay State Park on Madeline Island for two days. Keith wouldn't camp if I didn't push the issue, but it's my birthday on Sunday so he's obligated to be nice to me.  I'm really hoping it doesn't rain. Who wants to sit inside a tent in the rain on their birthday?

It's now 4:30 am and I'm going to try sleeping again. Good morning, everyone.

10 comments:

  1. you wont lose this follower. i enjoy your thoughts too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to "see" you! I've been MIA also. Just havin a few cruddy weeks.

    Hey! We will be in Green Lake WIS soon. Ever been there?

    :)Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    I went to Green Lake last spring. Are you going to the conference center? It's a really neat place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful there! (Green Lake)

    Yes, we go to serve the poor and homeless on a regular basis. Last time several ppl from church went, the 4 of us, my parents, sister in law and niece. One other time my brother went too. So cool!

    KINGDOM BLESSINGS,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie, I'm sorry I haven't been here in a long time. I've missed you and please don't worry that I'd suddenly stop being your friend just because you aren't posting regularly. In fact sometimes taking a break from reading and writing blogs is a very healthy and good thing to do. I'm sorry that your heart was broken by Anna's decision to go away for school. My daughter has been going to school in Michigan (where her dad lives) for going on four years. It is heartbreaking, every single time I have to say goodbye, AGAIN. So here is a big cyber space hug from me and lots of prayers for your parents and mother in law. I hope you will have a beautiful birthday full of love and outdoor adventures. Take care, xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!
    You will not lose me as a follower, I love to laugh at all your fun. :-) Also, my family is all excited to meet you at BATB 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness. this is the third time i've tried to comment here!! my computer is down, so i've had to find alternate ways to say something so important...
    here goes one last try...
    happy birthday (now apparently belated). I hope it continues through the year as you seek out the gifts God has in store for you ...big and small.
    God bless you my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog via Somewhat Crunchy and wow it sounds like you guys have been very busy! You have a beautiful family and it sounds I'm curious about the boarding school - I had no idea that such a thing even existed anymore lol Looking forward to reading more when you find the time to post during your busy life :)

    Recent Post: Homeschool Online Resources for Games & Printouts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to blogland!

    Looks like you guys have been BUSY!

    And now I'm seriously scared to try painting furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you really had/have a lot going on! I'm exhausted just reading about it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete