Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh My Goodness

When I let Anna and Amy go to a retreat over New Year's weekend at their brother's camp I thought they'd do normal camp things like eat and play games. 

Certainly not this.


Nowhere do I remember seeing Polar Plunge on the brochure. 


Some polar plunges are done to raise money for a good cause. 
This was done just for "fun."


Why do rational people do irrational things? 


Amy claims the Iowa water was only as cold as Lake Superior in October.


And why, when everyone else jumped in from the platform, does my son have to jump from high above?


  He should know these kinds of things make his Mama nervous,
 

And posting pictures on Facebook makes it much easier
for a Mother to have eyes in the back of her head.

7 comments:

  1. They do that COLD stuff here too. I think they are all crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys will be boys :-)

    Do you have any snow? All of our snow is melting away. We have not skied at all this winter. Not sure what to do, maybe head to the UP. How does the lake look for BATB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    Did you have another child do something silly like a Polar Plunge last year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear lord!!! That looks incredibly awful... Good thing they are young :-) Daredevils!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for fun? Oh my gosh I think I would have heart failure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have a triple hearty-tack if I jumped in those icy waters. I don't even like water until August first when it has had a little time to warm up. They definitely have youth on their side. Looks like they all had a great time though. They are making great memories that will last them a lifetime, long after the hypothermia has worn off. ;-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete