Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Blog Friend Up Close and Personal

I ran across Carla's blog a year ago after we both posted about skiing The Book Across the Bay (BATB) Cross-Country ski race here in Ashland. 

Turns she out lives two hours away, knows where Ashland is, and planned to return for this year's BATB. We have enjoyed our blog friendship this past year.

Two weeks ago we crossed over from being "Blog friends" to "In Real Life friends" when her family came over for dinner. 


We had a really nice time getting to know each other. Her two boys are wonderful, although they did comment to their parents afterwards that we sure had a lot of girls at our house. Thankfully we still have a good supply of Legos to entertain boys with.

On Saturday they successfully skied BATB again. (I'm a fair-weather skier so didn't participate this year.)


They visited our church Sunday morning and we took pictures and said good-bye with promises to meet up again if we were ever in each other's towns again. 

I invite you to check out Carla's blog (click here) and meet my fellow camping, hiking, skiing, state park loving Wisconsinite. 

I also invite any other blog friends who might happen to be up north to stop by if you're in the neighborhood. It's so fun to meet online friends in person.

5 comments:

  1. I just might have to take you up on that! HOpe to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie for posting about our family! And advertising my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had some fun times together! I think it's need to meet some blogging friends! A year or so ago I got together with a couple of book bloggers in the Twin Cities and we had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so great! It's so uplifting to find people who share so much in common. I'd love to visit you sometime too. And of course if you're ever thinking of hiking in North Carolina or visiting us here, you are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you got to meet a blog buddy and her family in person. I think building friendships is one of the best things about blogging.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete