Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nag - Nag - Nag

Several years ago Keith's friend gave him a mug for Christmas.  Keith loved it but I didn't appreciate the humor. 

The mug pairs old horses with the words, "Nag, Nag, Nag."

When our friend Brendon (who I've referenced before as Waldo, the Driving Instructor, and the Nose Breaker) comes over, guess which is his favorite mug?  

We have a good selection. 

Such as:

Our old McDonald's Batman cup


The Marine Corps Hymn mug

Since Keith was a Marine, our kids had to learn the song.
and our amazing Exodus Wonder Mug - the picture shows Moses crossing the Red Sea.  Hot liquids makes the water roll back and people cross on dry ground. 

Keith didn't know the cup did this. He bought it at a garage sale and got quite a surprise the first time he used it for coffee. 




Despite these good options, Brendon still likes the Nag mug best. I try not to be offended that both Keith and Brendon think this cup is funny. It's not like I ever nag. 

Last fall the unthinkable happened. The Nag cup broke. Brendon mourned it's passing and often comments when over at our house "I wish you still had the Nag Cup."

When his birthday came around I wanted to give him his own Nag Cup. Piece of cake I thought. You can find anything on the internet. 

Wrong!

Leanin' Tree doesn't sell the mug anymore.

Neither did anyone else. I scoured the internet with no success. I found a magnet and a note pad but they didn't have the same impact.

I found this framed picture but decided we didn't like Brendon enough to pay $750 for it. 




I was about to give up when one last internet search turned up an Indiana Buffalo Farm gift shop that sold these mugs. I couldn't wait to give Brendon his gift. 

We had Brendon over for a birthday dinner. He's been to our house enough that he knows where things are so he was rummaging around in our cupboard, whining commenting once again that he wished we still had the Nag Cup.

Rachel played along and asked what the Nag Cup was. Brendon described the cup and how much he liked it and how he wished it hadn't broke. 

We gave him the gift after dinner. He was tickled to have his own Nag cup. The only down side is he took the cup home so we still don't have a Nag Cup to use. If I'd been smarter I would have replaced Keith's broken Nag cup at the same time.


I'm going to be the bigger person and choose to ignore Brendon's comment that there are six "Nags" on his cup and I have six daughters. I'm going to forgive my husband for pointing to me and saying, "They're still six nags. Anna doesn't nag." 


So if you come to visit and don't like our mug assortment, feel free to bring your own.

8 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it. My mother-in-law has the same cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the Moses cup is waaaaayyy better than the Nag cup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm not gonna tell Jeff about the Nag Mug however...or might actually get a birthday gift this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe.... I think I've seen that cup at a relative's house... And it was particularly appropriate.

    I would have used the McDonald's one, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too funny! By the way on the tires, when they were done with my car and I went to get my ticket, there was a post it note on it that said, "Paid in full, God loves you"!!! What an absolute blessing from God Almighty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I wasn't worth $750 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Brendon came here to leave his two cents too, ha ha!

    Well, God loves a cheerful giver! :)

    ReplyDelete