Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tina's Travels Pt. 1

My oldest daughter, Christina, is studying abroad in Malaga, Spain this school year. So far it's been a great experience and she is learning alot and thoroughly enjoying herself.

She complained her first week there about bug bites and not being able to sleep under covers at night (to prevent bug bites) because it was too hot. Guess the southern coast of Spain is warmer than Northern Wisconsin.

Christina loves to take pictures. She has a good eye and loves to experiment with her macro setting. These were taken in October.

I'm ignorant when it comes to flowers. Anybody know what kind these are?






8 comments:

  1. No clue which flowers those are, but very good pics!!!!

    Hope your daughter enjoys Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3rd and 4th look like Dahlias. The last is a Hybiscus.
    She is talented! What a cool place to study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pics!! She has a good eye.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for Christina! I bet it's just gorgeous there. The flowers are magnificent! I am an ignoramus in the horticulture field, but let me tell ya, I know a pretty flower when I see one!

    Hey, I just posted a praise report on Aaron...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a clue what kind of flowers they are but they are stunning. I don't think those grow here in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no clue but they are gorgeous!!

    what an opportunity for your daughter!! hope she enjoys her time in spain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of (but very happy for) your daughter! What a great experience!! She does have a great eye. As for the flowers:

    1-no idea, it almost looks like a multi-colored hydrangea :)

    2- Not sue, but it looks like it might be a balloon flower, or from the same family

    3 & 4- looks like dahlias

    5-looks like a hibiscus, LOVE those

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pics. I'm not even going to hazard a guess. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete