Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quiet Time


I close my eyes and pull the outside within. The muted sounds and gentle breeze nestle in my soul and the peace that has eluded me seeps into the corners of my heart.

For a precious hour there is a break in the never-ending traffic of my responsibilities and I can safely cross to a place of rest.

I lay my burdens down, wishing wish I wasn’t so fragile and needy. But could I properly appreciate His provision if I didn’t have a need?

My tears seem to come from nowhere. The tears I have no time for don’t go away. They stay somewhere in a frozen part of my soul only to thaw when I slow down long enough to let them fall.

Sweet the peace of exhausted tears. I feel soft and clean inside, almost afraid to move for fear I’ll lose this wonderful feeling.

I feel balanced. Like my axis wasn’t tilted right, and now it’s aligned properly, my world is spinning as it should.

I want to stay in this sweet pocket of peace, but He bids me go and return tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.

"Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul."
--Psalms 54:4--

3 comments:

  1. Angie, the poetic, insightful contemplation is lovely! You have deeper layers than you let on!

    You are so right about the peace and refuge we find in a quiet time with Jesus. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take time for peace more often. I love to see the softer side of you:)
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments. You are saying the things the Lord puts on your heart..I can tell. I need to hear them. I am feeling so fragile lately. Your words are so gracious. Thanks so much for listening to God.
    I hope you also, if you have the time, will do the daybook. I would like to know more about your day to day world, and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete