Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Mugs - Paper

I didn't mean for a whole week to pass in between posts but life happens and things fall through the cracks. Colds rotated through our house this week, and me being the queen of fairness, took my turn. We hope everyone gets it out of their systems so we can properly enjoy Thanksgiving. What good is a feast if you have a stuffy nose and can't taste your food?

I'm feeling the effects today of playing volleyball last night with people old enough to be my children or grandchildren. As I keep finding sore spots I wonder if there is a good reason there aren't any other people my age playing in our league. Thank goodness for knee pads and wishing there were other kinds of pads for other vulnerable body parts.

This weeks Monday Mugs Theme is PAPER. I was stymied until the kids suggested a few moldy oldies. From the Vik Family Archives, I present:

Christina the Magazine Queen
 
Christina, at age 14, LOVED magazines and was on constant alert for freebies. Free dentist office waiting room back issues. Scoop!  Free old magazines in the library foyer. Scoop! Grandma's discards. Scoop! Garage Sales finds. Scoop! I eyed the magazine piles in her room and wondered how much weight the floor could hold. Finally Keith said if she'd get rid of 100 magazines, he'd get her a current subscription to the magazine of her choice. She agreed and had fun choosing a magazine. Afraid she might dig the 100 magazines out of the garbage we burned them. But not before we took the above picture.

The Bookworms 
(Our oldest 6 holding their favorite books at the time)


The Bad Speller

In 2004, Andrew had done something stupid, the details of which have long been forgotten. What he did next remains firmly entrenched in Vik family history. He made this dunce cap and wrote "Brillent" on the front. The words don't show in this small picture, but we had many laughs at his attempt to spell "Brilliant."

A Hobbit Warrior
 Amy (age 7) made this paper costume after watching the first Lord of the Rings movie.

The Busy Beavers
 I taught a Rubberstamping class for my daughter's Girls Club

The Cute Cardmakers
Erica and her buddy showing off their hard work.

To view other Monday Mugs hop over to the blog Oswald Cuties.  Heather's blog comes by its name honestly. Either she has very cute kids, or she takes really cute pictures of her kids, but one way or the other her pictures are always nice and fun to look at.

7 comments:

  1. Aww... you found great photos! What wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those pictures?!

    And I love that you play volleyball... I wanted to join a league this year, but childcare didn't work out (meaning, there's no way my 4-year old would have been manageable at practice, LOL)

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics! I sound like a broken record, but I just love looking at your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the kind words!
    Glad the kids helped out with the moldie oldies! I really love the Brillent Cap and the Hobbit Warrior! Too funny!!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! A very creative take on pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I meant a creative take on paper :). Have a great Thanksgiving. Hope your family is all well for it!

    ReplyDelete