Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Polar Plunge

I kid you not. Two weeks ago in 22° weather, while 
spectators stood around dressed like this


Christina and Erica were dressed like this











And did this
(Check out the ice chunks)


A 12 second video guaranteed to make you smile. 
You'll enjoy the video more if you click the bottom
right corner to make the video screen size before 
you click the play button. 


She claims that it was great.


If jumping in freezing water isn't crazy
enough, check out the high-heeled boots. 


Take a look-see at their fellow Polar Plungers


Elvis Presley


Someone dressed in full ski attire


A Polar Bear


A Mermaid

Her husband

So glad that my daughters emerged from this experience unscathed, but I'll have a hard time taking them seriously the next time they complain about being cold. Our snow has melted and the lake is slowly cracking up so no more winter crazies. Thankfully spring is here. Sort of.

12 comments:

  1. I've often wondered why people take the polar dives...but I think it may have to do with liberating themselves from the oppression of the long winter. This video and your pictures prove it. More than being a daring, crazy act of bravery, it says to the world, "who needs a vacation in Florida? We can go swimming right here, any time! Summer is a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do that here too. I think they are all CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just nuts. I noticed those helping them out are fully clothes in something that hopefully keeps the hypothermia away! Fun times. Good memories.
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Your girls are officially bonkers. Glad they enjoyed it, and that I didn't have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. some things never change in the Vik household! The girls still enjoy doing crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. I would totally not do that lol. I have done many crazy things in my life but that will not be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, uhm yeah. I'm freezing just thinking about that! So cool though, I really wish I could hang out with your family just once! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love the costumes! Awesome-ness all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! You could not PAY me enough to do that! Spring is bouncing in and out around here, which is typical this time of year. We start the week in shorts and end it in sweaters. Oh well--warmth will rise, eventually!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did they at least get a certificate or something to acknowledge their accomplishment???
    Denise in Saskatchewan, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhhhh! Brrrrrrrrr! I can't believe anyone could do that! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete