Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Colorful Parents


We had Hawaiian Shirt Sunday at our church last month. A sweet 90-year-old lady remarked, "You look so frivolous."

I was speechless. I have never in my life been called frivolous.

She smiled and went on.  "You usually look so serious. This is fun."

Thanks, I think. (I prefer to think of my regular attire as sensible, not serious.)



Keith wore Hawaiian shirts almost every Sunday this summer. If anyone should be called "frivolous", it's him.

A frivolous shirt deserves a blog post, don't you think?


Keith's annoying habit of tickling me so I'll smile bigger in pictures usually backfires as I'm smiling, gritting my teeth, and grumbling, "Stop it!"

   
Faded and Frivolous Fifty somethings.


Life is good.  

4 comments:

  1. Surely, she meant 'festive' instead of 'frivolous'! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! Love the Hawaiian shirt Sunday idea...so fun. And, a frivolous shirt definitely deserves its own post.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete