Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Confused Oak

I drive by this tree at least twice a day on the way into our garage.


I don't whether to admire the tree's leaves' tenacity for hanging in there through strong winds, rain, sleet, and snow. Especially when all the other leaves fell weeks ago.

Or should I pity the tree for being in denial? 99% of local deciduous trees have shed their leaves. Snow looks beautiful on evergreen trees but doesn't look as nice on dried brown oak leaves.

All I can say is that one shouldn't have to rake leaves and shovel snow at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. That's one stubborn oak! lol I agree with your thoughts on raking and shoveling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our oak trees sometimes hang on to their leaves until the first buds of new leaves in the spring push them off the branches! Why are oaks so stubborn?

    ReplyDelete