Tuesday, April 14, 2009

School Is Not So Bad


Notes From the Workaday World
by Andrew Vik

To be sure the thought of finding happiness in school never crosses any kid's mind. Dreading assignments and hoping for weekends without homework, yes, but never happiness. I suffered through my first 14 years of school thinking and wishing that it could just be done and I could move on with life.

One year removed from community college, three removed from high school, I have just now discovered the value of education. Now don’t get me wrong, this discovery was not aided by a sense of needing to better myself through education or an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, nope nothing like that.

Nope, it’s these notes about the workaday world that have got me thinking that school wasn’t the worst thing ever.

Note #1, having to be up every day for work is just not the same as having to get to your early class. Cause you see, while you can skip your early class, you can’t not show up to work.

Oh, and employers don’t care what your dog ate.

Note #2, College life is really actually pretty easy, the only thing you really have resembling responsibility is getting to class on time and studying for your tests.

I could go on with a few other notes but for now kids, don’t be too cool for school: it is nice, it is easy, and I will be going back for seconds, Lord willing.

(Editor's note: This is music to his Mama's ears)

1 comment:

  1. How nice to hear/see/know. I think you're I told you so blog could fit in here...again:)
    Have a great day.
    Your warm friend (it was 88 today in Phoenix)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete