Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Be Still, My Soul

Lani snapped this picture of her Daddy at our church's National Day of Prayer Service.
Lani knows better than to peek during prayer, so while I don't endorse my ten-year-old's lack of judgment, I love this picture of Keith with his heart focused on God.
I've always appreciated my husband's love for the Lord and, to borrow a Eugene Peterson book title, his long obedience in the same direction.
I'm reminded of an old John Fischer song:
I want to be a more righteous man.
I want to be a godly man.
Teach me to do what I can
To follow closer to you.

I want to follow a different drum
Even if I'm the only one.
I want to hear when I'm done
You did well my son.
In 47 days, 11 hours and 55 minutes we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I'm so blessed to have a husband who loves God and loves me.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible photo.

    I'm like Lani. Sometimes, I pray with eyes open.

    I dare say that in doing so, she got a glimpse of Abba -- right on the face of her earthly Daddy.

    ReplyDelete