Monday, May 10, 2010

Ask Erica

Erica graduates this weekend so I thought it would be fun to put her on the spot and pick her brain a bit. For the most part she good-naturedly complied.

favorite season and why?
summer, because everything fun and exciting happens in the summer, well that ain't true but its about 3/4ths of the way true and that's good enough for me. plus the grass is greener.

favorite sound?
my favorite sound in the world is the sound of a 147 fifth and sixth grade campers singing hymns in a small-ish chapel...gave me goosebumps. i also like the sound of a huge audience clapping or rain on a tin roof..they actually sound a lot alike.

most hated household chore?
unloading the dishwasher, the chore is never ending and time consuming

you wouldn't be caught dead where?
a miley cyrus fan club, and swimming in the deep waters of a big lake (the fish will EAT YOU)

if your house was on fire and you could only grab three things what would they be?
my itouch, my camera and my dresser (full of clothes of course!)

what do you like about living where you do?
beautiful lake superior, friendly people, nice weather (well, mostly), an awesome bike trail.

who is the person you respect the most and why?
well I'm going to cop out because I can't pick just one person. I respect my parents for raising me unconventionally and I realize I've been a bit difficult to raise :)

I respect my brother a lot. he's an odd child, but he set a great example of gentleman-like behavior and has given me great advice.

And I admire C.S. Lewis's writing, I might not understand it all, but i've learned a lot through his books

would you bungee jump?
most definitely, someone might have to push me off but I would love to try!

what would be your dream job?
i would love to be a therapist with my own clinic, and do some writing and photography on the side

name one thing you miss about being a kid?
I miss the lack of understanding consequences. When you're a kid you don't really care about what will happen or why things happen, which gives you freedom to do things without the baggage that can come - guilt, doubt, regret blah blah blah. nowadays, it seems like all i ever do is worry about something, small or not

red or pink?
pink :)

if you could go on a road trip with only one person (dead or alive) who would you choose and where would you go?
Jeez, what an elaborate question. would you like to know what interstate we take and what fast food place we would stop at? All jokes aside, I would like to take someone I already know and love and have not seen for a long time. Namely Augusta Wiese and we would road trip to somewhere warm, probably Florida.

5 comments:

  1. Fun getting to know Erica! Those were really great questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions and answers! This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the same thing about being a kid especially being worry-free and full of imagination every day playing dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Miley Cyrus comment cracked me up! Erica sounds very insightful. This was a great post!!

    ReplyDelete