Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Mugs - Then and Now




This weeks theme: Then and Now

Circa 1976, this is a favorite family picture. My husband is the dapper fellow all dressed up for his senior prom in a dashing purple polyester plaid suit. This was long before he met me. Our family has had many laughs at his expense over this picture.

Then:


Now:

Then:
My oldest daughter, Christina
(1988 - 3 years old)

Now:
2010 - 24 years old

Then:
1999 - My Bambinos

Now:
2010 - My Favorite People


Heather of Oswald Cuties explains Monday Mugs like this:

"Are you in need of a mindless Monday Blog post? Are you struggling to deal with the weekend being over and can't muster the strength to type a single word? Well, Monday Mugs are for YOU! I may or may not "borrow" ideas from IheartFaces and post my interpretation of their weekly theme. Without submitting my photo for judgement and not being forced to follow the rules."

Mondays are hard! Blogging on Mondays shouldn't be!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how I hope they come in style again...the purple and plaid get up, that is! My. I am glad God saw fit to make a few adjustments before he met you, or I'm afraid I'd be sorta scared of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The purple plaid suit is classic. I really liked the then and now family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how it seems like I'm looking right at YOU in some of the faces of your kids. Wow. What a resemblance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Heather's. I love the title of your blog, it pulled me right in!

    Great before and after photos, I think my favorite is the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot believe grown men actually wore plaid pants. If I hadn't lived in the 70's I would've thought that someone had doctored the photos. The real question is...when will they come back in style? Scary thought, eh?
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well,lets just focus on the outside! And where are the fashion police and the far more noticable features of this capture of time: the glasses, the bow ties, and the shoes! (oh yeah, you can't see the tan and green saddle shoes worn by the green suited one)
    And these were not grown men,just blythfully unaware of negative peer pressure yuts,we all looked the same - the 70's, those were the days. Anybody got a bow tie like those seen I know someone wanting to go back to the good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a suit!! There has to be a collective, cultural--"What were we thinking?!" moment there. :-) And your daughter's picture is so cute! I don't want my boys to grow up--ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keith, I'm on to you. "Anonymous" my foot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pictures! My family is the complete opposit of yours. I have 5 brothers and am the only girl! :) I love big families!

    ReplyDelete