Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Mugs - Holiday Treats - Housing Project


A friend invited the girls and I over to make Gingerbread houses. There's two things I don't like about making them: The mess and the EXCESS of sugar. When my friend offered to do it at her house, I jumped on the offer. I'm not stupid. The mess would be at her house.:)

This was our first time making real gingerbread. We usually use graham crackers which is in some ways easier but doesn't taste as good and isn't as versatile. I blogged about our last houses here.

We had a great time, had a sugar hangover, and Lani's house lasted two days at home before being totally devoured.

Gingerbread has to be cut right after it comes out of the oven as it hardens quickly.


Making another batch of gingerbread


Assembling the house is a two-person job


Co-Builders


Amy's Masterpiece



The light brown things are gingerbread men-shaped marshmallows


Lani has a different style
(The white item on the protruding toothpick is a surveillance camera)


I made the snowman


Backside


 Tasty scraps


We're still friends even after we messed up her kitchen.


Love her wheat bran shingles. 


Tasty

Messy

High Sugar

But lots of FUN!!

I'm linking up today with Heather at Oswald Cuties.

5 comments:

  1. I think I just gained 10 pounds from looking at it all! Sounds like a good time. Thanks Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I love that you used real gingerbread. I didn't know about cutting it before it cools... what a great tip! I hope you have a peace filled, lovely holiday season. Thank you for being my blogging friend. I think of you often and it's a blessing to be a small part of your world. Sending lots of love and hugs for Christmas and for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful houses, I am completely impressed they are totally made from sratch! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm home sick. And that surveillance camera sent me into a cough attack... hilarious! You are far braver than I to attempt that construction! :)

    ReplyDelete