Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Top 11 Favorite Summer Moments

This list has eleven items instead of the normal 10, because I like odd numbers way better than even.

Anyway, here goes...

1. Meeting my mentor – After a year and a half of taking a Christian Writers Guild’s online writing course. Turns out Joyce Ellis is even nicer in person.

2. Lunch with Iowa girlfriends in June – A welcome break from the 30 kids we have between the six of us.

3. Herbster beach – A magical relaxing sun-drenched July afternoon with Keith, the Cahoots, and our two dogs.

4. Labor Day Boat ride to Madeline Island – Friends treated our family, sans Keith, to a fun boat ride and a wonderful day of swimming, eating, playing, and smiling – as in ear to ear.


5. Summer baptisms – Keith baptized five people from church in Lake Superior. Beautiful weather, special time.


6. Duluth Harbor cruise – Keith and I did the tourist thing and had a great time with friends from church

7. New kittens – Stubby and Chubby

8. Dinner with Andrew & Rachel when we visited him at camp - Cute is seeing my son and his sweet girlfriend fix dinner together. My boy is in love and is growing up and shows me honor and respect which means the world to me.

9. 25th Anniversary party – A fun evening with family and friends.

10. Meeting Joanna Schriever for the first time - Our friends adopted a sweet little girl from Ethiopia


11. New (to me) bread slicer - a friend bought this for me at a garage sale. I'll never have crooked bread again. Is this cool or what?

2 comments:

  1. Always entertaining reading! Course, we don't have a tv, so I could be a bit desperate for entertainment! (lol!) Then again, with the characters in this house, there is actually no lack of comedy, tragedy, or drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh! I need one of those bread slicers! I can't cut ANYTHING straight!!
    Looks like you had an eventful and fun summer.

    ReplyDelete