Friday, September 11, 2009

Turning 50


Today I have reached that important milestone of turning 50. I found this material on the internet last year but don't remember where. I hope that bad habit doesn't get me into trouble someday.


You know you’re turning 50 when:

You start losing hair in the places you want it and getting it in places you don't.

You're coming home from a night out with your spouse and you realize that the young people are just getting into the shower to get ready for their dates.

You can remember useless bits of trivia but not what you came in the room for.

You start carrying tweezers in the car.

You find yourself scanning the obits for people your age.

You're proud of your lawn mower

You hear your favorite song on the elevator

You wonder why everything is in such fine print.

There are numerous advantages in being fifty –

just ask any eighty-year-old

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good attitude, fun, and clues to what I will soon totally "get"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Birthday!!! Sorry I haven't been around. As you know we have beena little busy but hopefully soo I will get back into the swing of things. Thanks for all of your prayers and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding me as fb friend. Also for the comment/ aka reminder to keep that eternal perspective and glass half full attitude. It doesn't occur naturally, for my flesh likes to have it's day.

    I do tend to have low expectations in some things though. That way I am not disappointed.

    And hey, I know about messy. God always reminds me though, one day your house will be quite clean, and a bit too quiet. (Unless the grand kids start pouring in!)

    ReplyDelete