Sunday, September 6, 2009

Unfailing Confidence


I. Maker of the morning,
Keeper of the light,
Singer of the sunset,
And guardian of the night.

Steadfast and unchanging
A rock, forever sure.
Ageless love unfolding
Illuminant and pure.

Presence of the Father,
The person of the Son,
Power of the Spirit
Forever three in one.


II. God of healing comfort,
Source of love divine.
Grant me understanding
And ease my troubled mind.

Sustain me, loving Father,
Closely hold me in your hand.
Help me see the scattered fragments
Are all pieces of your plan.

Make me know your fullness
Make your presence known.
Work in me, until I be
Content in you alone.



III. God of ageless glory,
Infinite, almighty,
Counselor, the Prince of Peace.
Supreme in majesty.

Center of the universe,
Beginning and the end.
Above, below, around, beside,
Unfailing confidence.

1 comment: