Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Monday Mugs - Orange

Took me all day to think of a picture for Monday Mug's Orange category.  I'm using pictures Erica took yesterday of our town's prominent landmark, The Ashland Oredock. The local high school takes their mascot's name from this, calling themselves "The Ashland Oredockers."
This was built decades ago to load ore into ships. It hasn't been used for 40 years and will be taken down when funding becomes available. The Oredock makes for some cool pictures and will be missed by the residents of Ashland.  


Check out other variations on an
orange theme at Oswald Cuties.

6 comments:

  1. That first picture is really cool! I bet it will be sad to see it go!
    Thanks for playin' along today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. I love that and you are right it does make for some cool pics. I love that you said the grass is always greener on the other side. In this case maybe the leaves are prettier on the other side lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pics! Michelle R. directed me to your site. I think my daughter (Laura) met at least one of your kids at Village Creek this past summer. We homeschool in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Those pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading a lot and your stories are worth reading, nice blog, keep it up.
    Being a new blogger, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete