Friday, April 15, 2011

Pawsitively Adorable Guest Blogger


Since I've noticed this blog doesn't give all family members equal exposure, I commandeered the blog today to rectify the situation.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I joined the family three years ago and was one very cute baby, if I do say so myself.


After a LONG drawn-out, convoluted decision making process, my family named me Tucker, although some days they forget and call me other things. Seriously, who would name their dog, "Stupid," or "You Idiot?"

I LOVE the girls and live to be near them. I sleep with Amy or with guests, like Kiah's old boyfriend, Mark, when he came for Easter. Some people infer that I'm a bed hog but that can't be true.


I used to stare at the lady who feeds me until she woke up. She hated when I put my cold wet nose on her cheek when she was sleeping. Now I just climb in bed with her until she lets me out to do my business and then gives me my morning portion of Pedigree dog food. Life is good.


Sometimes the girls share their clothes with me. I prefer not to wear girl clothes, but masculine items are hard to find in this household.


Jessie and I hang out a lot together, although she doesn't like to wrestle as much as I do.


I've been told I'm too big to be a lap dog,
but can I help it I like to snuggle?


I miss living in the country and having unlimited squirrels and rabbits to chase. But town has so many more people to bark at. I love to be out on the front porch and watch the world go by.


I admit, I'll do almost anything for attention.


Sometimes we walk down to Lake Superior where the big guy has a bad habit of throwing perfectly good wood away. I run after them and bring them back, hoping he'll get tired of being wasteful.


What's really frustrating is the thanks I get for dashing into Lake Superior to save their sticks is they make me stay outside when we get home until I dry off because some people think wet dog doesn't smell good.

I might have a few annoying qualities like digging up the yard, rifling through bathroom garbage, tracking mud in the house, sniffing people's backsides, leaving dog hair everywhere, and throwing up from time to time, but I'm working on it. I've also been accused of stalking my family. I love them so much and I know they love me. I mean, with a face like this, what's not to love?


Thanks for reading my post. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood. I love having new people to bark at. Or sleep with.

Next week's theme is Winter.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! You are a beautiful pooch, Tucker! Thanks for participating today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Loved the dress-up photo! What a great dog you must be to pose for that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable!

    Wanna do something spunky and eternal for Christmas? Then you're invited to a water buffalo party. No formal attire required. Just come and visit as we splash a family in India ...

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for.html

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love goldens and they are the cutest puppies:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! I'm a dog lover, but I don't have one :-( so I really enjoyed reading about Tucker, from Tucker's point of view. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie! You have such a creative mind are so amusing... I mean Tucker !! I enjoyed the storyespecially coming from Tucker's POV!

    Happy Holidays to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete