Wednesday, April 21, 2010

When Meeting Someone on the Internet is a Good Thing


I recently had a fun blog experience.

Last month I reposted a story about my last name and my husband's grandfather's immigration to America from Norway. A girl whose last name used to be Vik commented. Turns out her grandfather was my husband's uncle. This makes her my children's third cousin (I think.) How cool is that?

I remember meeting this girl 22 years ago when she was 3 years old. Now she's all grown up, and married, and has a blog of her own. Click here to read Steph Anne's post about Grandpa Vik's trip to America. I love that the internet makes reconnections like this possible.

We've enjoyed getting to know her and are thankful that Google helped our paths intersect.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I googled Grandpa Vik's name! I hope we can all meet some day. I'll be sure to let you know if we ever head over East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat story!!

    God does things in such an amazing way.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool to be reconnected with family through the internet!

    ReplyDelete