Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me Monday, a blog carnival created by MckMama at mycharmingkids.net. You can head over to her blog to see what she and everyone else has not been doing.

First off, I did not stay up until 2:00 am every night while Keith was gone last week. That would be unwise, irresponsible, and a bad example to my children. Can you imagine what I would say to my kids if they did such a thing? I'd be a hypocrite to do something I don't want them to do.


Since Keith wasn't home, I had to put the garbage out to be picked up. I wouldn't dream of forgetting earlier in the evening and then remember at 2:00 a.m. on my way to bed. Nope, not me. Because the garbage didn't get put out, you might assume that I was too scared to go outside all by myself that late at night, but I assure you, that wasn't the case.

I wasn't worried that Keith would be irritated with a full garbage can so I didn't lay awake after not going to bed at 2:00 a.m. thinking of ways to get rid of my garbage before he got home. Maybe if I squished it down, it wouldn't look so bad. Does Wal-Mart have security cameras by their dumpsters? Maybe I could put the garbage into white plastic Wal-Mart bags and put them in trash cans at different parks. Maybe I could put my trash in the church's garbage and hope nobody notices. Perhaps drive to a friend's house in the country and burn it.

Or just be honest and face the music. So after six days apart from Keith, the first thing I said to him when he walked in the door was most certainly not, "I didn't take out the garbage." It didn't matter to me one way or the other that he smiled and said it wasn't a big deal.

With enough items on my to do list to keep three women busy, I did not sit down to write this post. Nope, not me.
<>

9 comments:

  1. LOL! That's hilarious about the garbage... I would be the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! I love it! (I found your blog via MckMama)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!!! that is so funny about the garbage! :) I am a young blogger from georgia btw! I am now following your blog!! its funny so far! more comments from me to come!! (found your blog via MckMama)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny ! I love the trash story...that didn't happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who occasionally *doesn't* forget to take out the garbage. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Not Me's! Found you at MckMama's hope you can check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a riot and have me laughing, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL! That is hilarious! Sounds just like something I would do! Great writing!

    Love your blog! Thanks for visiting mine. Nice to meet you!

    Your house is beautiful! And I agree, by the time we fixed up our previous home to sell, I liked it so much better I almost wanted to stay! I want to try really hard not to repeat that this time, but this ol' house is alot more expensive to fix! LOL!

    ReplyDelete