Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bad Example



I try from time to time to unpack the remaining mystery boxes in our basement. I came across our battered Sorry game and remembered an incident from 1997 when Christina was 12 and Andrew was 10.

During a game of Sorry the tension kept escalating. Christina snapped at Andrew, "Don't be so immature."

"Mom, what does immature mean?" Andrew asked.

"It's when someone doesn't act their age," I replied. "Why did Christina call you that?"

"Yep."

I'd warned her earlier that afternoon not to call her brother names. "Tina, go to your room."

Christina threw the board, threw the cards, then stomped up the stairs, and slammed her door, all the while complaining about my unfairness and Andrew's annoying qualities.

Keith looked up from his newspaper and said, "It's not often you get an example with the definition."

1 comment: