Saturday, October 31, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

It's that time of year again when I start thinking of whose turn it is to write the Christmas letter and decide which family picture to use in our Christmas cards.

The things is Andrew loves to goof off in pictures. I've explained to him that its hard enough getting nine people all looking at the camera, smiling, and looking intelligent all at the same time without having someone mess up pictures on purpose. When he was younger before we had a digital camera, I used to charge him a quarter for every picture he ruined.

So, without further adieu, follow me through our Andrew-caused family photo rejects of the last five years.


2009

Good thing for him other people goofed up this picture too (but not on purpose)



2008 - We took this picture with a tripod. When I saw the picture, I asked the girls, "Why didn't any of you mention that Andrew was hanging off the tree." They claimed they didn't know. So I asked, "How could you not know?" Anna said, "But Mom, you told us to look straight ahead."



Part of the problem is Andrew usually stands in the back row so we don't know he's goofing around. If we use a tripod, there's no actual photographer to growl at him to cooperate.



2007 - It's a little hard to see in this picture. But he pulled his long hair to the front and gave himself a mustache.


This next one isn't as bad as some of the others. However there was no stick growing beside Andrew. He grabbed one at the last minute and put it there.


2007 - Wild hair, shorts hiked up. Need I say more?



2006 Family Vacation



2006



2005



More of the same



At the time it's frustrating, but we all look back on these pictures and laugh. We're hoping he behaves himself when he gets married and has to take wedding pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. These made me laugh. They are actually kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hilarious. Not then, mind you; but now! Think ahead and use as much hindsight as possible!

    Love the one by the water, and the one with the hoop the best! He got you good when he somehow got on the roof without anyone noticing!!
    Family pictures...a pain! All I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andrew! I would be charging him too! But really it is very funny! Such personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the one with the arch, and the one with everyone dressed in white. They're all so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What. A. Riot. I love this kid. I'll bet he's been responsible for a lot of side-splitting laughter in your home.

    ReplyDelete