Monday, October 19, 2009

Andrew's Proposal


Andrew’s fiance, Rachel, posted this note and pictures on Facebook. I got her permission to post them on my blog.

I Said Yes!

I got home from helping at AWANA Wednesday night and “talked” to Andrew online like normal. Kindra (my roommate) said "Andrew is online" and went to her computer and began talking to “someone” online. Andrew is not the greatest multitasker so once Kindra started talking to “someone”, our conversation was slim to none. It took him two to three minutes to respond to a yes or no question! At the same time Kindra kept asking questions about my schedule the next day.

What in the world were they up to? When Kindra signed off and went to bed, my conversation with Andrew picked up again. So I suspected Andrew might show up to surprise me for my birthday.

The morning of my birthday, I got a short online message from Andrew saying “Happy Birthday!” All day I got wall posts, messages, and phone calls from lots of people but nothing more from Andrew. I felt disappointed as I had thought I would see Andrew, but when it got late I figured he wasn't coming.

I was kinda pouting and didn't want to go to Bible study anymore. I texted Kindra and told her I didn't want to go because I wasn't in a people mood. Kindra called my other friends and they made sure I went. Well Bible study had a great message and I felt convicted and bad about being so selfish. During prayer time I confessed to God and told Him I was sorry for being selfish. I left with a new attitude and looked forward to a movie night with Kindra.

Meanwhile Andrew had come to La Crosse, picked up the ring, and with Kindra’s help, got my RA to let him into my room. When I returned to my dorm room the door was locked, so I was dissapointed Kindra wasn't back for our movie night.

I opened the door and there was the one and only Andrew Vik! I was so happy to see him but still wasn't thinking that he would propose. He said, "I put your birthday present on the door." I was confused because I didn't remember seeing anything when I walked in.

I turned around and a sign on the back of the door said, “Will you marry me?” Of course I was overcome with emotions!! I kept saying "Oh my goodness!" When I turned back around, Andrew had gone down on one knee!

Oh my, I was so surprised! I started to cry and then sat down on his knee. He said some nice things I don't remember. All I remember is, “Rachel, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" So I said yes and he put the ring on my finger!! I am so happy and excited to start this new page of my life with Andrew.




I thank God for all His blessings. As soon as I told God I was sorry for being selfish, He allowed me to see Andrew for my birthday and then He went beyond that. God is good and has blessed me so much by allowing this relationship with Andrew!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this day something special. I love you all!

9 comments:

  1. That is SO SWEET!! Congrats Andrew & Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. What a wonderful engagement story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, young love! What a precious story. He did a great job - Rachel will remember that the rest of her life! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to meet you!

    Sounds like you have a great dauter in law to be!

    I'll be checking back later. We have school to do today too!

    Janet
    www.homeward4.blogspot.com
    www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, that is so sweet!! I love proposal stories!!

    congrats to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing! And congrats to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was soooo romantic...congrats to the family as the family grows....

    ReplyDelete