Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I'm sorry for leaving the last post up so long.

My husband said last weekend, "You haven't updated your blog."

Lani asked yesterday, "Didn't  you do Monday Mugs this week?"

Last night Christina said, "Your blog needs updated." 

Talk about pressure. You'll be happy to know that I didn't have writer's block and no new emergencies popped up. I simply had my nose to the grindstone (what an awful cliche if you stop to think about it) and have been working on a digital scrapbook for the last the last nine days.

I've wanted to go to a scrapbook retreat for the last year but finances and schedules haven't cooperated. Last week I drove my four youngest daughters to my son's camp. Since it's a six hour drive, I just stayed down there all week.

Knowing my kids would be busy all day and I would have long delicious hours all to myself I pondered how to best use that time. I was so tickled to come up with....drum roll please...

My own personal scrapbook retreat.

So while Andrew and Rachel worked, and my daughters camped and rode horses, I scrapbooked and had the best time. I get a wee bit OCD with these kinds of projects so ended up working on it after returning home. I finished 25 minutes ago, just squeaking under the wire for Shutterfly's deadline.

I'm excited because I've never done a 12 x 12 digital scrapbook before due to the cost. Shutterfly had a Father's Day special for 50% off a 12 X 12 photo book which made it affordable. At least I'm hoping Keith will feel that way when I tell him I had to spend $63 to save $72.  I'm really liking a Father's Day special where I get to buy a photo book for me.  Sweet.

I've had Andrew and Rachel's wedding pictures on the computer for the last nine months and wanted to put some in an album. I made small wedding scrapbooks for the Grandmas at Christmas but wanted something for us. Shutterfly recently launched a newer, for the most part, nicer way to do digital albums.

Now that I'm done, I can blog, buy groceries, cook meals, and do housework again.. After I get a good night's sleep I'll be around to get caught up on your blogs again.

Our cars may be messy, our shoes are often muddy, the floor hasn't been mopped this month, and thanks to my husband, you know I have a messy underwear drawer, but my pictures are in order. The beauty of a scrapbook is it stays done, unlike housework which is undone almost as soon as I've finished.

If you're interested you can take a peek at the finished product.  If you see any mistakes I don't want to know about it. I'd prefer to be in denial until the book gets here. (On the options tab, you can adjust the slide show speed.)

2:30 am and all is well. Signing off for today. I mean tomorrow.


8 comments:

  1. Angie, congratulations on a fine work of art! Not only does it look professional, but the way everything comes together it tells an uplifting and romantic story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Lovely. I know how you feel. I'm feeling guilty for a rampage into projects right now and have lessened the guilt by promising God to stay off the computer for the rest of today and tomorrow. Big sacrifice, right? Well....ehem. I hope the withdrawals don't hurt too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! I enjoyed looking at your book. Thank You for sharing it. You have a beautiful family. I love the idea that the dog got to come to the wedding too.
    Where did Andrew and Rachel get married? It is beautiful!
    We got married outside in May too. May 31st, 1997 on my parents property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the stories, and no wedding scrapbook would be complete without a Red Hot Chili Peppers quote!! :-) What a gift of love! And, I totally understand the spend $63 to save $72 concept. I use it at Kohl's! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla,
    Andrew and Rachel got married at Village Creek Bible Camp down in the northeast corner of Iowa. Rachel's parents met there and Andrew and Rachel met there and now he works there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie,
    It was so fun to look at the wedding album! You did an absolutely wonderful job. It was fun to have the "background" info of Andrew and Rachel's Love Story and also to see pics of the entire family. You are so talented and you have a beautiful/handsome family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got my first 12x12 scrapbook yesterday and LOVE IT! I will be doing more in that size. So much fun and Pictures are so big and bold. I hope you enjoy yours as well. That was a big project! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie,
    Having your own scrapbook retreat does sound wonderful. It turned out great! I chuckled at your OCD comment b/c you used to say that at my workshops too, but your books always looked awesome. I am working on a digital scrapbook, finally doing the Alaskan Cruise pics from 4 years ago. Oh well, at least I am finally doing it.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete