Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Summer Situation


My kids have a bad habit of leaving every summer. Much of it is my fault, since I loved camp so much when I was young, we made sure our kids went to camp. Since I loved camp counseling I encouraged our kids to counsel when they got older.


I'm happy they enjoy camp and are willing to spend their summers serving others, but three months is a long time, Erica. Sniff! Sniff! Miss you lots sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful summer. Be blessed and be a blessing.

5 comments:

  1. Awwww. I'm sure she'll have an amazing experience. I understand what it feels like to be separated for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I actually still remember my camp counselor's name from 1992, so that should tell you what kind of impact they can make :)

    Have a great time Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome job MOM!

    :)

    Janet

    www.homeward4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I never got to do those camps as a kid. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our boys will go to Bible Camp for the second time this summer. Last year was the first camp for the both of them. They had a blast. We go to Camp Arrowhead in New Auburn, WI.
    Last year I helped in the mornings with the craft. It was nice to see the boys having so much fun. They are excited for this year.

    I did not make up the poem...wish I did. :-) but no author was given.

    ReplyDelete