Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Mugs - Fabulous Fall

 
I said in an earlier post that this would be a good place to visit come fall.

We recently had a week of extra glorious fall weather. The tree color was peaking. I knew it was now or never.



"Amy and Lani, get your hiking shoes on. We're going to St. Peter's Dome."

Big adolescent groan. "Do we have to?"

"Of course you have to. The trees will be glorious."

"But we just went in July and it's so far."

"No, it's not. It'll be worth it. I promise." (Seriously, I don't know what she's complaining about. She's young with boundless energy and good working knees. I'm the old person with creaky joints who's always the last one to the top.)

"But we'll get behind with our schoolwork."

"Don't worry about it. This is more important."  (What's wrong with this picture?)

It's so fun to be right. Beautiful sky, incredible trees, warm weather, amazing view. 




There's something soul satisfying about sitting on a warm rock on the side of a hill, high above a colorful valley on a Monday afternoon while everybody else is either at school or work. 

I'm linking up today with Heather at Oswald Cuties.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Jeremy wanted to get to St. Peter's Dome for the fall colors. But we did not make it. Next year!!!
    Glad you had a good trip south. :-)

    ReplyDelete