Monday, July 9, 2012

How I Organize Christmas Card Photos

Does anyone else's refrigerator look like mine? 


We love Christmas correspondence and getting cards and pictures from family and friends. Pictures end up on the frig until there's no more room or I get the urge to have a tidier kitchen. 

I started a photo album with Christmas pictures we get every year. Families have their own page and every year I slip in their next picture. 


Each page has slots for two verticals and three horizontals. Some families, perhaps due to family size, favor one orientation over another. I've been known to make OCD requests like, "Everyone else is getting a horizontal shot, but could I please get a vertical one?"

After being friends with Lori from Life, Love, and Laughter in a Large Family for three years I finally gave her family their own page. Once the left page fills up, I have to start a new page. I asked Lori if she wanted to sign up for the four year or nine year plan. She opted for the longer plan. Some friends have four pages in our album! It's fun to see how their families grow and change over the years. 

On each family's spread, I include a piece of paper with:

The family's last name
Names of all the family members
Where they live
How we know them. 

I'm so thankful to have a streamlined way to turn this

into this



I bought my albums and refill pages from Get Smart Products (http://www.pfile.com/).  The binder format allows pages to be easily moved around. The particular album I bought is discontinued but this album will work.



Pioneer T-12JF 12X12 Sewn Leatherette 3 Ring Binder



I like either these pocket pages

MBI 4x6 Vertical / Horizontal Pocket Photo Album Refill Pages

 

 or these

Pioneer 46-VHP 4x6 Refill Pages For 12x12

These pages hold vertical, horizontal, and 
panoramic,along with space to label pictures 


My cars are usually messy and our shoes are often muddy, 
but I'm happy to say that our pictures are in order.  

Does anybody else have ideas for family pictures you receive? 

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Our frige looks very similar. I don't know why I never thought of using an album! :-) Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. That is a great project, one I should do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You are so smart. My fridge gets like that until about June when I go on a massive declutter attack and throw everything out. Your idea is SO MUCH BETTER.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took your idea a step further and dedicate a scrapbook page(s) to each family. I have one for family and one for friends. I also add their kids grad photos to these albums as well...just to make things simple! :) I suppose I'll have to blog about this now...although I am thinking of revamping my system to digital...

    ReplyDelete