Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blog Hop - Week #7 - Favorite Photo

This week's Blog Hop Assignment is a favorite picture, which is like asking a mother with 15 children to choose her favorite child. They're all my favorite, how can I pick just one?

So if I have to choose, this is my current favorite photo...



I grew up in Northern California but married a Midwest corn-fed boy. Oh the things we do for love. I followed the aforementioned where he leads and we have lived everywhere but California. Occasionally I miss what my husband irreverently calls, "The land of fruits and nuts."

Years ago my friend and I took a couple road trips. She had grown up in Nebraska and had never seen the ocean or Redwoods. On Spring Break my sophomore year in college, we traveled from Colorado to Sebastopol, California, where my family lived at the time.

28 years later, my same friend and her husband took their kids who live in Nebraska and had never seen the ocean or Redwoods (do you notice a pattern here?) on a cross country road trip to California and Oregon, where they took this picture for me.

Can you imagine their kid's comments.
"You want me to do what?"
"Why exactly are we doing this?"
"People will see us!!!"
"I'm so embarrassed." (Notice the 13-year-old is standing, but not pointing.)

I feel so honored that they took time out of their busy vacation to think of me.

P.S. - Not sure about the nuclear reference. We weren't a nuclear free zone back in the day. Which does cause one to wonder about all the other towns in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment