Thursday, August 27, 2009

Important Life Lesson

One of my all-time favorite excerpts:
"Someone has imagined God first fashioning man, and one of the host of heaven, watching, exclaiming in alarm, but you are giving this creature freedom! He will never be wise enough or strong enough to handle it. He will think himself a god. He will boast in his own self-sufficiency. How can you gamble that he will ever return to you?

And God replies, I have left him unfinished within. I have left in him deep needs that only I can satisfy, that out of his desire, his homesickness of soul, he will remember to turn to me." (From The Salty Tang by F.B. Speakman)

Only God can fill the hole in my heart. Marriage, motherhood, and ministry are all good things, but I will never be completely at peace until I stand on bedrock.

Everyone at some point will let me down. I will let them down. Our bodies wear out, things don’t go as planned, stuff happens—only Jesus is constant.

And good.

All the time.

--From the ends of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint, Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.--Psalms 61:2

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your quote. It was a good one. I may have to use it for devotions I am writing. Thanks again for stoping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, beautiful thoughts! So much wisdom, it packs a punch!

    Have a blessed week sis,

    Debby

    ReplyDelete