Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Repeat Performance

Years ago a nice family with three boys lived next door to Keith's parents. These boys shared our grandparents. One son was Christina's age, one was Andrew's age, and the littlest was Erica's buddy.

This is one of our favorite pictures taken when they were 3


Our friends moved away when Erica was six and except for two very short visits and exchanging Christmas cards there hasn't been much contact over the years. So last month we were tickled to have them visit for two days. Now that they're 18, for kicks and giggles we did an re-enactment.

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."

6 comments:

  1. Oh i love these. It is so nice when you have friends from so long ago. My best friend and I "met" when we were 2 yrs old. We are still best friends almost 31 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the one of you when you were 3 and your husband was three?

    I am so bummed that I refused to let my mom take my pic when I was 13 up. So after 12, there's zilch of me. No great loss, I suppose, since I started to have an attitude in that season. Course I don't now....I'm grown up now. Ehem.

    Hmmm. I am talking too much. Haven't used my 2500 word quota yet. I still have at least 2000 to go, but I will save those up for the next comment! Should be a long one. Thanks for listening without interrupting! Your such a great friend! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha very cute! So good to reconnect with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I LOVE re-enactments! I make Daisy re-enact pics that I took of the other kids all the time! She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo priceless. I love it.

    ReplyDelete