Friday, March 18, 2011

Why It's Risky to Befriend My Children

Andrew and Christina
Christina’s friend Andrew innocently asked her brother Andrew to be Facebook friends. Bear in mind the two Andrews have never met.

Our Andrew accepts friendship requests from anybody whether he knows them or not. The friendly kid has 1,014 friends. He shot back a response.  “Apparently you know my sisters.”

Andrew G: Yeah man, Owe some thanks to Christina, just talked her into giving me a haircut  (1:18 am)

(editor’s note Mama here, somewhat mystified, though not surprised at the hour this conversation took place)

And now the crazy begins.Top of Form

Andrew Vik: What? You don’t like to support the working man? People like you are going to put real barbers out of business. (Just messin with you man.) 

My wife really wants me to get a haircut too, so let me know how Christina did and maybe I can get a free haircut when I get home next.   (1:22 am)

Another country heard from, as my Mom used to say. 

Kiah Vik: WhAt!?!?! You know I'm the only real professional hairdresser around here! Just you remember that the next time you come home buddy! I'M the DIVA in the family!!!!! : )  (1:24 am)

Andrew Vik: Actually Rachel (editor’s note – his wife) may want dibs on cutting my hair, but I am a little fearful. I am a professional now, can't be rocking a mullet any ol time I want. (1:26 am)


Kiah Vik: Okay buddy, for the record you MADE/BEGGED/LIED to get me to give you a mullet. Mullet equals gag me with a spoon and throw me overboard! Pllah!  (1:28 am)

(editor's note: Kiah referenced a haircut 
she gave Andrew in 2008.)


Andrew Vik: I would do it again in a heartbeat. Andrew (not talking to myself here) Do you think Christina would give me a mullet if I asked? (1:32 am)

Kiah Vik: Andrew (talking to my brother here) that's an emphatic "N-O"! Besides you can't make such marriage altering decisions in the absence of your wife...she'll probably never leave your side again if she comes back home from school and you have a mullet! (1:34 am)

Andrew Vik: Oh dear, I forgot Rachel and I are facebook friends, she might see this post and comment tomorrow, and then I will be forced to have a civil haircut. Oh well, I look really good with a civil haircut. (1:38 am)

Kiah Vik: you look good because you perfected "the smolder" years ago! I love ya, have a good night......I'm still putting off my homework if you can't tell!  (1:40 am)

A day later, the person who originally started the conversation finally chimed back in. 

Andrew G: Gotta love family  

(Editor’s note: Sheesh! It’s a wonder we have any friends.)

6 comments:

  1. That is just too much fun!

    You have a great family.

    :) Janet

    www.homeward4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. tehehehe...sounds like some of the conversations I have on FB with my siblings! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of brothers that make my FB posts "interesting" sometimes. Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know we weren't the only ones blowing up Facebook recently! :)

    That sounds like a hilarious convo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Maybe I should try this Facebook! ;)

    ReplyDelete