Sunday, March 1, 2009

Amy-isms



So I (Erica) was going to write another expose on my family but then Mom suggested I do something more recent...and since we've grown into perfect little angels there really isn't many stories to tell, so I'll share some of my little 12-year-old sister Amy's quirky habits.

Amy has a little touch of dyslexia, which shouldn't be funny, but provided us with these little gems...

Driving up to Wisconsin on our move up here, we ran into a snowstorm and decided to stop in Albert Lea, MN. Amy, always the curious one, asked;

"Mom, how long till Alberly? "

"Oh, about fifteen minutes, and its Albert Lea."

Not more than five minutes later, "Mom, how long till Alberly?"

"Only ten more minutes and it AL-BERT LEA."

We could her hear muttering to herself; "Al-bert Lea, Al-bert Lea Al-bert Lea." Five minutes later, "Mom, how long till Albuquerque?"
____________________________________________
Amy misread a border on one of the walls in our new house. It actually said: As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. But instead Amy burst out with

"As for me and my horse we will serve the Lord!"
____________________________________________
Amy and Lani were reading business signs as we drove Main Street and Amy cracked us all up when she shouted out an advertisement for "mental roofs" (she meant metal roofs)
_________________________________________
Amy meant to tell Kiah that her phone vibrated but instead she ran into the kitchen shouting "Kiah! Kiah! Your phone just evaporated!"


1 comment:

  1. My kids were just recalling the evaporating phone moment...apparently, they were there for that one. Very funny.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete