Friday, January 8, 2010

We Have a Winner!

I am happy to report that the Dog Spot on the Floor situation has resolved itself.

Yesterday Erica asked me what day we were on.

I said, "Day 6."

She looked at the spot and said, "I suppose I should clean it up."

To which I replied, "That would be nice."

Then in typical female teenage fashion she changed her mind. "Naw, I don't want to."

What a coincidence. I didn't want to either.

Later that day, I asked the girls to do their Saturday cleaning on Thursday because they were leaving on Friday for the weekend. On Saturdays, they each get a downstairs room to thoroughly clean.

Anna had the kitchen this week which was the location of the dreaded spot. Bless her heart, she swept, mopped, and cleaned up the six-day-old very dry spot without complaining.

I hugged her and thanked her profusely and told her she won the prize, only I didn't know what that would be yet.

I'm so relieved. And hoping it will be a few weeks before Tucker throws up again.

P.S. This picture isn't current, because if it was it would have two feet of snow on the ground and she'd be wearing flip-flops.

7 comments:

  1. Glad that is over.....good job at sticking to it. I don't know if I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Now make sure you pay up good because it could catch on. One day a bit of jam on the counter might not be neglected because that person will be thinking "hmmm. I should wipe this up. What if mom has something special for the one who cleans it. I remember what Anna got to do..."

    Course in the end we do it not for the potential earthly prize, but for the eternal one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Anna!!!
    Did you decide on the well earned prize?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll have to let us know the prize you gave her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Glad that 'issue' was CLEANED up!! HA! Athough, it did make for great blog foder... HEHEHE...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLOL Oh my, that's so funny :) I'm glad it's resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing she stood up to the plate and cleaned the spot. It's going to look bad when it's left there lying. I remember one time when we had a bad stain on the carpet. Everyone knows that it's hard to remove carpet stains. Well, I've tried the cheap remedies but they failed. So I had them cleaned by those guys who offer carpet cleaning. (Orange County, CA resident here, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete