Monday, January 4, 2010

Stand Off

Exhibit A

8 out of 10 times, when unpleasant events like that pictured above occur, I'm the one to clean it up.

Not something I particularly enjoy but I don't enjoy sour smells, sticky floors, and stained carpets.

Not only does our family have messy cars and muddy shoes, we now have murky floors.

Saturday, one of our two dogs deposited this piece of abstract art work three inches from the back door. All day long nine people have walked by and no one felt inspired to clean it up.

Turns out I don't either. Just out of curiosity I wonder how long it will be before someone else cleans it up.

So far we're on Day 3.

Stay tuned.

9 comments:

  1. Same here with Toni's "gifts".

    Usually Hubby goes "Toni threw up..." and I'm like "UUUHM, okay, then go clean it?" but he won't. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is funny!

    Keep us posted!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I used to randomly plant a quarter under the rug in the kitchen. When someone did a really good job, they would find it.

    Maybe to make it more fun, you should have a gift planned for the person who finally cleans the unmentionable stain! If no one does, guess you can claim the gift...let's say after 10 days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I sure as heck can't clean it up. Yuck! But leaving it there has to be even more difficult. You should put a hidden camera nearby, and catch the cleaner-upper in the act!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting concept. Reason #4097 not to have a pet:). The evidence continues to mount in my no-pet policy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! I think the same people live in my house that live in yours, minus the pets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhhh! I can't wait to see how long it takes for someone to clean it up! That is totally something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Angie! You had me snickering to myself as I read your post... I am completly aware of where you are coming from on this one :-)

    Probably TMI, but the last time I tried this the DOG cleaned up the mess! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslee,
    I had a good laugh about your dog cleaning up the mess. One could only hope. Cats are also welcome to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete