Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pajama Party


For Christmas, Kiah gave everyone fleece jackets and Rachel gave us flannel pajama bottoms. They are toasty warm and wonderfully comfortable. We liked them so much we wore them last Friday when we invited friends over for supper, who will probably think twice before they accept a dinner invitation from us again.

On a less pleasant note, the stand off situation is now into it's fifth day. I probably made it worse by blogging about it because the kids read my blog so now everyone knows but nobody is mentioning it. I know that they know and after this post, they'll know that I know that they know.

Today I heard the unmistakable sound of a dog getting ready to throw up. I tried to get to the door to shoo him outside but didn't make it. So now we have a new deposit (the light-colored foamy fish-shaped mess in the top center of the carpet square).



Because the new mess over the course of the day soaked into the square so no one knows it's there besides me and Rachel who saw it happen, I won't include the newest spot in the stalemate. but I'm still holding my ground over the original one. A strike of sorts, I suppose.

Everyday I ask myself, how long am I willing to let this go on. Do I have the nerve to let it stay there when the youth group comes over on Friday?

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. I love my flannel pj bottoms. I actually have them on right now. I'd love to go to a dinner party dressed like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it!! Let the kids clean it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stand-off is getting intense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love the jammies! I bet you guys are so much fun to hang out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing that it did land on the carpet. It's going to be harder to remove that, if ever it did. That incident of yours made me remember the time when I had to call Carpet Cleaning Bellevue, WA services to help me out with the carpet cleaning. I had to call those carpet cleaners Bellevue, WA had because my dog made a mess on the carpet. You know what mess that would be, so I don't have to tell it here. At least they got the stain removed. I wouldn't have done it by myself.

    ReplyDelete