Friday, August 27, 2010

The Little Mermen

Once upon some friends came to visit the Viks. Old friends like they've known each other a long time. Good friends like the kids played together in the sandbox when they were little. The Viks took the friends to the beach and the kids swam awhile before declaring the water too cold to swim in.

What to do? What to do?


So even though most of them were teenagers,
they reverted to the default -- playing in the sand.


They decided to bury someone in sand.

One thing led to another and before
they knew it, they had a muscular merman.

The second merman said to Amy,
"Give me big muscles too."
To which Amy replied,
"No way, I'm not giving you big muscles.
I'm gonna make you skinny."

Ta-dah!!


The second merman had trouble extracting himself.


Everyone knows the best way to
rinse sand off is to jump out of a tree.

And a good time was had by all.

The End

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. How creative; and spunky. Wow, Angie. You are hiding but I think you look skinny. Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Those sand mermen are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    Yes, I am hiding. No, I am not skinny. My metabolism has not been very cooperative of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woop Woop! Great that the kids found an alternative to swimming that kept them entertained!

    The merman were awesome!

    ReplyDelete